First, you should make sure your website no longer hosts malware, spam or any other potentially harmful content. You can do it by yourself or if you're ThreatSign customer you can simply let us do it for you.
To check by yourself, you can start with online scanning via VirusTotal and/or Quttera online scanner. When reviewing the reports make a list of vendors that detect your website.
For example in VirusTotal report:
In detection ratio you can see the number of detected engines. Below, in the Analysis tab find URL scanners that mark your site as Malware site. Later we'll see hot to request a retesting by them.
In Quttera security report. In addition to the Blacklisting you see the file-by-file breakdown with all potentially suspicious content. Expand the Scanned files analysis tab and review the threat dump for each file. Go on and check manually each one of them on your server. Remove the threat and try to re-scan again.
|Quttera online scanner report|
Once you're sure your website is clean you can continue to the next stage of the process - submit for review/ re-test.
Submit website(s) for review by blacklisting authoritiesFirst, it is important to mention that it is time-consuming and the results are not immediate. With Google, for example, it might take up to 3-4 days. So the key is to be patient. Below is the list that is not complete but will be a good start. We will update this post if will be required by readers/users.
1. Google Safe BrowsingThe process is straight forward via Webmaster Tools and is described here https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/168328
|Request a malware review by Google|
2. SophosWe found these two ways to contact this vendor:
Reassessment Request - http://www.sophos.com/en-us/threat-center/ip-lookup.aspx#sthash.Uvzz5Bor.dpuf
SophosLabs IP Address Classification Lookup - https://secure2.sophos.com/en-us/threat-center/reassessment-request.aspx
As stated by Sophos you will not be contacted automatically, but they assure that the request will be reviewed in a timely manner.
3. FortinetSubmit review request as follows:
1. Enter your website URL here and click lookup
|FortiGuard - Rating Request|
3. BitdefenderThe only way we found is to register in the Forum and ask for website review.
|BitDefender - submit website for review via Forum/ False Positive reporting|
4. ScumwareWe found just simple contact form. http://www.scumware.org/contact.scumware
In the message section ask them to review your site.
|Scumware - contact form|
5. McAfee Site AdvisorIn the User Feedback page fill in the form and choose the Type of inquiry as Submit a site for (re) testing.
|McAfee - submit a site for blacklist removal|